VSD with Fan Application

totallychibi

i have been asked to up-grade the current fan application with a damper to control with a VSD

im using the Fuji FRENIC FRN55P11S-4JE

so i have 415V incoming to the VSD
then this going out to the Fan Motor
there are no contactors or circuit breakers from the VSD to the motor

in the 240V control circuit,
there is a local and remote mode,
local for manual control through the vsd
and remote for control through Citect

so the PLC program,
checks that it is set to remote;
that there is no VSD fault;
and there is no isolator fault

it then enables the drive, so the operator can start from Citect and then it enables the operator to input frequencies

this only takes 2 rungs of logic
i cant think of anything else to check
the VSD will catch undercurrent, overvoltage, thermal overloads and generate the appropriate alarms

but 2 lines seems a little lacking
am i missing something very obvious?

You haven't told us much about the ductwork so I have to speculate some.

There may be intake dampers that have to open before the fan starts. You may require static pressure switches to prevent overpressurizing of your ductwork. Depending on the weather in your area, freezestats may be necessary. All of these typically form a run-permissive loop on the drive control inputs or are routed thru the controlling automation.

Otherwise, you have the basics in place.