Reversing VSD ATV71 using Schneider M340 via modbus TCP/IP

adrien

Hello all,
Currently I am using a VSD ATV71 controlled by a schneider M340 with modbus TCP/IPusing IO scanning.
For now i can start the motor and control the speed. I am know trying to reverse the motor speed. I have no idea how to proceed. If anyone have backgrounds programming Schneider VSD, thanks.

Regards,
Adrien

Do a search on the Schneider website for "ATV61 Communication parameters manuals". These are really useful for figuring out what's what in the command word.

I'm pretty sure there's a bit in the command word for changing direction.

The drive will need to have been set up with parameter rrS (Reverse Assign) set to the same bit, e.g. C311 if you're using bit 11 in the command word for reverse.

It's been a while since I've set these up from scratch though so I might have forgotten something else... but give that a go! I'm assuming you've got the I/O profile etc set up correctly since you're already starting the drive from the PLC.

Thank you for this explaination it give me a more precise idea of the issue.
Can you give me more details about setting up the parameter rrS ?
For now i can set up the speed of the motor with the parameter LFRD:=700 (speed setpoint) and start the motor with the parameter CMD:=16#0237 (control word)
Which bit i have to change in the control word to enable reverse speed ?
do i have to do setup in the menu 1.6 command - Ref.1 channel ?

Thanks

Step 1 - look in the drive menu under 1.5 Input Output Config. rrS is in there somewhere. Set it to C311 (thats bit 11 of the command word for a Communications card, see the ATV71 programming manual).

Now if you set Bit 11 in your command word to 1, that should run the drive in reverse... I think! I haven't had to do this for a couple years, normally everything I put on drives only runs one way (pumps).

Would be worth confirming that you can run the drive in reverse from the drives HMI just to make sure that reverse has been allowed in the drive configuration, there's another parameter for that somewhere. Again... Read the Manual.

I think if you have reverse enabled in the configuration you can just set the speed setpoint to a negative value

I set the set point to a negative value and change the command word to enable reverse as follow :
speed setpoint = -700
cmd = 8237

And now it is working !
Thanks GeoffC & Saffa