OMRON Devicenet EDS files ????

Devicenet slaves not communicating

I am looking for OMron EDS files. My Canadian supplier has indicated where to get them but using them in my Scanner has limited results, in particular the DRT1-COM module this is the equivelant of an 1794-ADN the eds file I have is DRT1-COM.EDS when it is installed it claims to be revision 1.1 (looking with a text editor confirms this) But when I go online with the DRT1-COM it is indicating that it wants a 2.0 EDs file. SO where is the 2.0 EDS file ???

Devicenet slaves not communicating

I am looking for OMron EDS files. My Canadian supplier has indicated where to get them but using them in my Scanner has limited results, in particular the DRT1-COM module this is the equivelant of an 1794-ADN the eds file I have is DRT1-COM.EDS when it is installed it claims to be revision 1.1 (looking with a text editor confirms this) But when I go online with the DRT1-COM it is indicating that it wants a 2.0 EDs file. SO where is the 2.0 EDS file ???

All I can find is DRT1-COM.EDS that says it is Revision 1.1. You appear to have that already. Have you tried running the EDS Wizard on the DRT1? I have never tried it on an Omron connected to an AB Devicenet, but it would be worth a try.

Remove .txt from end of EDS File.

Stu....

i am using Omron CX integrator and duplicating the existing line from this i should be able to verify the registers that should be alocated. I don't get it though why an Omron EDS file that is supposed to be a World standard (ODVA) is not a standard in Allen Bradley. You would think that this simple file would be recognized for what it is. I have another thread running with actual screen pictures and the *.dnt file

Ron

i am using Omron CX integrator and duplicating the existing line from this i should be able to verify the registers that should be alocated. I don't get it though why an Omron EDS file that is supposed to be a World standard (ODVA) is not a standard in Allen Bradley. You would think that this simple file would be recognized for what it is. I have another thread running with actual screen pictures and the *.dnt file

Ron

Ron:

Two questions;

What version of RSLinx are you using?

Do you have access to the Rockwell Knowledgebase?

Stu....

RSLINX 2.52.00.17 (CPR9) Classic Gateway
RSNetworkx for Devicenet Version 7.00.00 (CPR 7)

I do have access to the database but do not have any paid subscription(S)

Ron

RSLINX 2.52.00.17 (CPR9) Classic Gateway
RSNetworkx for Devicenet Version 7.00.00 (CPR 7)

I do have access to the database but do not have any paid subscription(S)

Ron

The Knowledgebase mentions some conflicts with RSNetworx for Devicenet and Omron hardware with RSLinx 2.50, and recommends upgrading to 2.53. It also mentions problems with RSLinx 2.51 and Omron Configurator. Neither was specifically regarding the Omron DRT1-COM.

Unfortunately, if you are not "In Service" as Rockwell/AB calls it. You can't get anything out of the Knowledgebase anymore. It won't even let me search unless I sign in first these days.

Stu....

Where did you find this information and where did you find devicenet 2.53 i looked and seen no mention of it, we just purchased RSview32 for a job and it came with 2.52

I was able to use the information from the Omron CX-one software, looking at my original file inside the Devicenet software the DRT1-COM units have the following key designation: DVPR+.

I have taked one of these DRT1-COM units home with me and I was able to create a clean on line module for it. I uploaded this unit and gave it the correct addressing, I only have one module so my scanner is now flashing 7533 and sometimes 8000 I don't have any modules attached to the COM unit therefore it may be the reason why there is no communication on the network... not sure.

Both Module and NET are flashing together as one (Module is red and network is green.

I will hook this unit up to it's original output card and see what happens.

I am polling 4 input bytes and 2 output bytes, seams kind of right, as it is connected to one 16 point output card;.

Where did you find this information and where did you find devicenet 2.53 i looked and seen no mention of it, we just purchased RSview32 for a job and it came with 2.52

Actually it was RSLinx, which RSNetworx uses to communicate with just as all the AB Products to these days. You can see the different versions here;

http://support.rockwellautomation.com/webupdates/product_list.asp

I think you have to be "In Support" to download them. At the very least you have to register, and need the Name and Serial Number of your RSLinx License.

Stu....

I got it working... first i had to make the I/O map for all the devices,I then uploaded these into the scanner and one by one I changed the values for polling or strobing, ithen had to re-order the I/O table to match the existing PLC program. (This is done at the scanner)> I had to go online and then browse the scanner, modify the scanner, save the scanner, download to network. I then pulled the 120 Vac plug waited 3 seconds and re-inserted the plug. I was able to make 70% work and then I picked all the ones with red saquares and looked at each one and some where in error (Input strobed when you can only output strobe, fixed these re-loaded this by the previous sequence and another 6 or so modules went on line. By 1:30 PM I had them all talking except for two units, these had faulted and I had to pull the supply power on these to re-set them to factory defaults.

The interesting thing is the overlapping of nodes (indirectely) creates a lot of problems when you use these devices. I have added my additional drives and the network is stable.

The eds files are not worth the paper they are written on, as I had to create my own I/O mapping for all these devices, I suppose the DRT2's are much better as the DRT1 is probably a legacy item and not used heavily in North America.

I hope to never see this again, a friend once told me if you are asked to work on Omron equipment as opposed to Allen Bradley (speaking before the CJ series processors) "double the quoted cost of programming"

Regards

Ron

a friend once told me if you are asked to work on Omron equipment as opposed to Allen Bradley (speaking before the CJ series processors) "double the quoted cost of programming"
I cannot agree with this statement. My first Device Net job was with Omron Alpha PLCs and it all worked fine. The only problems I had was getting the staements for explicit messaging from AB Powermonitor 3000 units correct. All the Omron digital stuff was pretty seamless quite frankly.
I have used Device Net to absolute rotary encoders (Sick and Pepperl + Fuchs) without any problems also. The only problem I had was understaing how to set the resolution up in the rotaru encoders - had to write the value and then set a bit to make it permanent.
The last 2 Device Net jobs I have done were with an Omron CS1 and an AB PLC. The latest Device Net software from Omron was much easier and fasater to use than the latest AB configurator. Took half the time.
I do agree with you about EDS files though - have had some horrors from ABB etc over the years and had to re-write them to get them to work.
Best place to check for EDS files that have been tested is www.odve.org .
I also agree with you that probably the EDS files for the DRT1 may not have been updated. They are pretty old now.
I have no knowledge of AB RSLinx problems as I do not normally use AB and cannot help you there.