Factory talk ME to SE (.mer -> se)

Ingis

Hi,

I have an .mer file that I need to open in FTV SE. 'upgraded' from ME to SE for the recipepro+ editor, So I need to have my HMI in SE environment. Anyone have an idea? Checked the knowledge base, but couldn't find something usefull.

(also... if someone has more info on the recipepro+ editor... very welcome).

thx,
Wesley

You can't open a .mer in FTView SE.
Restore the .mer as an ME application, then make a new SE application, and start copying the graphics, tags, parameters, into the SE application. 85% of it might come through okay, though a lot won't.

it seems if I have the ME studio open and the SE, I can't copy past between the two? I select everything in a screen and copy it, but don't have the ability to past it in the SE environment... this is ridiculous.

That isn't ridiculous, it is Rockwell.
FTView is just garbage.
You Can import whole screens from ME to SE, and tags either way.
The Screens imported to SE though will be partially broken, and require lots of fixups.

The easiest way is to import the entire ME project into a Stand-alone SE project.
Then you can have 2 copies of FTView Studio SE open and copy/paste, click/drag, etc. as you like.

Open FTView Studio
Choose product type SE Stand-alone
Create new application
Click the Import button
Choose import FTView ME application

ImportNew.png ImportME.png

The Screens imported to SE though will be partially broken, and require lots of fixups.

Nope. Not true. The import works just fine for the graphics.

There are some objects in ME that do not exist in SE, but the import will automatically convert those for you:
GoTo button -> Button with Display action
Numeric Input -> the SE version of that, which looks/acts different
String input -> the SE version of that, which looks/acts different

There are other features that are not converted at all. And they are a pain to reproduce. Such as:
Alarms
Information messages
Global Connections
Startup settings

Thanks all, I succeeded. I thought ME was bad... but SE is even worse. Very strange is missing so much basic things you would expect. But I can manage.

While I agree FTView is a piece of **** expecting a copy and paste function to work across an ME and an SE application is asking a bit much.

Is it possible to copy and paste between WinCC and WinCC Flex for example? I would doubt it.

You can't open a .mer in FTView SE.
Restore the .mer as an ME application, then make a new SE application, and start copying the graphics, tags, parameters, into the SE application. 85% of it might come through okay, though a lot won't.

This works good, any way to go opposite way? SE screen to ME?

This works good, any way to go opposite way? SE screen to ME?
Export the SE screen to XML.
Open that in text editor and change the product from SE to ME.
Import that XML into your ME project.

You might have to change more; can't remember. But you can export an ME screen to XML to see the format.

Sometimes you will either need to delete object from the SE XML or just copy the ones you want into a clean ME XML file

There are a number of things you have to change/delete in the .XML file for changing from SE to ME:

* "xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation" needs to be changed from SE to ME
* delete "tooltipText"
* delete "exposeToVba"
* the "displaySettings" line needs to be replaced with the SE format
* delete lines between "vbaProjectStart" and "vbaProjectEnd"

You can use VBA to write a script to handle all of those.

After that it gets trickier, as any animations, SE button objects and activeX objects will not properly convert over, as they either do not exist or have a different format between editions. At the very most you could use VBA to change the objects that DO exist in both editions and change the format from the SE version to ME, but it will effectively wipeout any settings for it, other than position/size.

The easiest way is to import the entire ME project into a Stand-alone SE project.
Then you can have 2 copies of FTView Studio SE open and copy/paste, click/drag, etc. as you like.

Open FTView Studio
Choose product type SE Stand-alone
Create new application
Click the Import button
Choose import FTView ME application
Where is this import wizard? FTV SE v11, can't find it anywhere