Suggestions for large display with configurable web browser

I think the problem is that if you buy another Smart TV next year, it's going to come with a completely different interface or operating system.

I tried to set up a smart TV for my in-laws, and have never been so close to murder as when my father-in-law commented "I thought you were supposed to be good at electronics" while I tried to enter a 25-character high complexity Netflix password using a remote.

I thought the same thing..."I build Factories of the Future, and I can't figure out TV???"

Which exact models of the "Intel Compute Stick" have you used ?

Are there any models of that sort that have a hardwired Ethernet port ?
I use a compute stick to run my balcony garden watering system. Can't comment on the display capabilities, because mine is headless, but given that that's its main selling point, I can't imagine it would have too many issues.

Mine uses a USB to ethernet adaptor to talk to my PLC, and my wifi to talk to my home network and send me emails. The main problem I had was that they come with Windows 10 Home installed, which doesn't give you access to a lot of the network configuration stuff. Which is a pain when the default settings prioritise a hardwired ethernet connection over a wifi one, and the hardwired connection is just an isolated PLC network.

For anyone who stumbles onto this thread in the future, I've found a solution that meets my needs, but no guarantees that Google won't change something and break it in the future.
Consumer grade AndroidTV with Wifi connection running 2 apps, "Launch on Boot" and "Web Page Presenter".
Even on a hard reset, after a few seconds it boots into displaying the internal webpage of a Redlion Datastation, which is all I was looking for.

What about a Bechhoff PLC with DVI port running WEBVISU ( codesys visulisation)

Or EXOR EWare707 with JMobile displayed on a Massive Monitor /Digital Signage machine

Probably too expensive...
I think the solution proposed by ggc using Android TV is the cheapest and easy to setup.

Cost and ease of implementation were the keys, I already had the screens developed in a Redlion Datastation, just needed an economic and simple way to display the data on a large screen.

Added bonus, other departments can create a simple webpage and have the display toggle between production data and HR/safety messages. That 65inch screen becomes a lot easier to justify when the budget is spread across multiple departments.

For anyone who stumbles onto this thread in the future, I've found a solution that meets my needs, but no guarantees that Google won't change something and break it in the future.
Consumer grade AndroidTV with Wifi connection running 2 apps, "Launch on Boot" and "Web Page Presenter".
Even on a hard reset, after a few seconds it boots into displaying the internal webpage of a Redlion Datastation, which is all I was looking for.
Thanks. Never thought about AndroidTV before. I can possibly use that.
I guess you can install other Android Apps as well. For me I could be interesting in using Siemens Smartclient for Android on a 'standard' TV.

Looking for suggestions for a large screen display (greater than 37in) with wifi that will boot directly to a web browser, then point to the same IP address every time.
We've done the Redlion PTV, expensive and limited to length of HDMI cable, but it works.
Have also had success with a Raspberry Pi running in kiosk mode, but it feels a bit kludgy, and if the display is power cycled while the Pi is already running it sometimes has issues with detecting correct screen resolution.
Is there anything out there in the residential TV or digital signage world that can be configured to simply point to a webpage on boot-up.
I've spoken with a digital signage company, but their solutions required an additional layer of software.
Most of the residential TVs have internal web browsers, but I haven't found one that can be configured so the web page is the boot-up option.
Any suggestions?

Force the PI to a specific resolution, on a specific port. Plug MOnitor/TV into that port. I did this for a headless install so I could link into my PiHole Pi via Teamviewer/Anydesk. TV/AD won't work on a headless system reliably if at all.

Key items to add to config.txt is the
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_group
hdmi_mode

https://www.enricozini.org/blog/2020/himblick/raspberry-pi-4-force-video-mode-at-boot/
https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/configuration/config-txt/video.md

Most residential TV webbrowsers are terrible.

Question to gcc.

How is the image quality when using a regular AndroidTV for an industrial application, possibly consisting of single-pixel wide lines ?
Crisp or fuzzy ?

Question to gcc.

How is the image quality when using a regular AndroidTV for an industrial application, possibly consisting of single-pixel wide lines ?
Crisp or fuzzy ?

I'd say fuzzy, I'll see if I can put some different width lines in and get a decent photo later today.