How to test plc program in new Rockwell Software Studio 5000 v28?

Hello dear experts!
In my new project I plan to use 1756-L85E processor from a new ControlLogix 5580 line.
After installation of the Studio 5000 v28 I couldn't find any RS Emulate software as it was available in RSLogix5000 v20 which I always used before.

Do you know how I can test now my plc program?
Because I can't find any appropriate information on official Rockwell Software site. o_O

Thanks!

Any your help will be appreciated a lot!

Best regards, Oleksandr.

Last edited:
Thank you very much for fast reply!

But I have already Professional version of Studio 5000 (you can see it in the picture in attachment).

And as I checked I can select an Emulator RS5000 Controller in the drop box as a controller when I create new central chassis. But there is nothing more appearing neither in RSWho dialog nor in Path drop box. No any Virtual Backplane or something else. So how can I use it in practice?

Studio5000_v28.jpg

You still need RSLogix 5000 emulator installed too. Does it show up in your Windows installed files?

No.
I also expected to meet RS Emulate software in installed programs but it was absent. And during installation it wasn't any appropriate checkbox to install emulator. Did I do anything wrong? :(

Best regards, Oleksandr

Last edited:
Then it hasn't been released yet. Seldom has the emulator been released at the same time as Studio 5000.

Can I ask why you are using the new processor?

I was talking to some Rockwell guys yesterday, and they said that the 80 series does not have all the functionality available yet, and it is primarily aimed at the fast-moving manufacturing industry, when all the features are opened up.
No real benefits over the 70 series as of yet.