Cutler-Hammer D100A - burn EEPROM?

PaulKraemer

Hi,

I have an old Cutler-Hammer D100A programmable controller. I have removed the EEPROM (D100EE10 Series A2) and used the LCD programmer to change the program in RAM. The program now works how I want it with the EEPROM removed. Now, I want to burn the program to the EEPROM, but I am having trouble.

The EEPROM I am trying to use already has an old program on it. It has one two position R/W switch. If I power down the D100A, put in the EEPROM, and power back up with the EEPROM switch in the "R" position, the LCD programmer displays the old program on the EEPROM and I can tell that this old program is active by observing machine operation. If I power back up with the switch in the "W" position, I cannot view the program on the LCD programmer at all. Regardless of the switch position, I cannot seem to burn the program from RAM onto the EEPROM. Following the instructions in the manual, I hit the key sequence [DEL/CMD]-[4]-[1]-[PRG/WRT], and I get ERROR 25 - PROM.

If I remove the EEPROM, my new program is active, so I know that my changes do really exist in RAM. I just can't seem to burn them to the EEPROM.

If anyone could tell me what I am doing wrong, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul...I am going to say this from experience, not trying to be mean/nasty.

Throw that D100 across the room against the wall as hard as you can.

Replace it with whatever you are most familiar with or can obtain that is newer.

I usually go into long drawn out stories about situations involving something like the D100....the D100 aint worth telling a story. Replace it as soon as you can.

Point taken, but....

Thanks for your advice, and I do agree...but this an "in house" machine that only gets used once in a while and I doubt I can get approval to put any money into it (not counting my time!). I made a really small change to the logic that already works, and if I can just burn it to the EEPROM, I will be all set. So if anyone out there has experience with writing to the EEPROM on the D100A, I definitely will appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks again,
Paul

Figured it out - jumper problem

It turns out that there were two jumpers inside the EEPROM (you have to open it up). I figured that they must be in the right position because I knew the D100 was able to read the EEPROM. Turns out that for the model I have, they were in the wrong position. I guess the position they were in allowed reading but not writing. Anyway, it works now.

I appreciate your help.