How to retain the encoder value in FM351 channel DB after warm restart

snraops

Hi All,

I am using FM351 to measure encoder value. But after warm restart the actual encoder count value in channel DB (DBD26) is getting reset. Is there any method to retain the this value? I tried storing this value in another DB and transfer to channel DB using OB100. But I am not able to write any data to channel DB. Can anybody help please......

You can't write directly to the db. You have to do it with job.

Link to manual.

"9.5 Set Actual Value / Cancel Set Actual Value
Definition

With the “set actual value” job, you assign a new coordinate to the current encoder
reading. The working range is projected to a different physical range on the axis.
You can calculate the offset of the working range as follows: ACTnew –ACTcurrent.
• ACTnew is the new specified value
• ACTcurrent is the actual value at the time of execution"