Rockwell Automation

richie

Are the courses helpful from Rockwell I plan to take an advance course in RS Logix 500 and plc program. This is a four day course I just would like some input I know this is the right place for this I am new at this.

If you are new to this I found the Rockwell training to be extremely informative and well executed. It always depends on the instructor but I haven't had a bad experaince yet.

Marc

i had a great experience, i did the controllogix fundamentals and rslogix basic ladder logic.

honestly i wouldnt have survived as far as i have without them. There are a lot of quirky things to know that are hard to figure out without making a mistake or having the instructor mention it.

also, the others taking the class can be very knowledgeable as well. I had zero PLC experience where most of them had been electricians for a while and had varying experience with PLCs.

It was a casual experience with the emphasis placed on making sure that you get the training in a way that you want. the instructor wasnt strict about following the lesson plan to a T whatsoever. He was very willing to dive into something that we had a question about.

Thanks I have a little experience at programming for I have RS lite and tried to do small programs to help my plant I do have the micrologix 1500 which does help on the hardware end but I did this on my own wanted to learn !!! so again thanks I WILL look over programs of yours and I think I asked this question before but is their a book on examples just to learn?

its hard to find 'examples' because most of the time PLCs are controlling a custom machine.

we make sawmill equipment, and while there are similarities, each machine is custom designed and therefore the program is custom.

for the micrologix 1500, the manual has some examples. also keep in mind that the 1500 uses the same programming as the SLC series.

i am in the same position you are in, just learning...

I designed and installed a saw that used the micrologix 1500, AC input, Relay Output, Analog output, and analog input (high speed counter)

the programming isnt too hard, just different than what i was used to. if you have any beginner questions about hte 1500, just shoot me a Private message if you think its too silly to post about.

good luck!