OPCEnum problem

Hello

Thank You Very Mush

I Have The Same Problem With Simatic Net 2012

Its Working Ok After Modify Permission For OPCENUM To Default (y)(y)

Thanks

This is really a useful thread however i want to extend it to the problem i am facing. We have RSView/FactoryTalk SE edition and we want to get the data from it using Factory Talk Gateway but when we browse it does not show the sub fields or tag parameters like Minimum ,Maximum,Description, Hi Hi Setpoint,Hi Setpoint ,AlM etc. It only shows the tag name which gives the real time value of tag but we are interested in other fields of hmi tags and want to write those values based on different conditions.As an example we want to change the Hi Alarm Setpoint of an HMI tag.

The main purpose of this is to dynamically suppress the alarms of RSView SE from a remote system based on equipment states. If anyone knows any other method to suppress RSView SE Alarm dynamically from remote system please do let me know.

Regards,
Hassan Tariq

Note that if you are using FactoryTalk Gateway remotely, you need to install it as Gateway on the server and you also need to install it as Remote Gateway on the client. Installing it on the client configures a lot of things for you, like OPCEnum and setting up drivers.
On the server, you need to open [FONT=&quot]FactoryTalk Administration Console, [/FONT]create a Linx Server, and add a new Application. You then open the communication setup and add a device shortcut, identical to how it's done in FTView ME/SE.
On the server, you then need to open [FONT=&quot]FactoryTalk Linx Gateway Configuration and set the FactoryTalk Directory Scope to the new application you created in the administration console.[/FONT]

Extended tag properties

To get the sub fields, in [FONT=&quot]FactoryTalk Administration Console, under the Linx server application, open communication setup. If you click on the device shortcut, underneath the communication tree, there is checkbox for "Upload all extended tag properties". You need to check this to access those properties. The address is the tag address plus ".@[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Description" and similar.
[/FONT]