HMI and RSlogix 5000 have problem

princedx

H all
Please help me, i have a big problem, i was trying many time but couldnot find out the way to solve it
In my project
I use 2 PLC and 1 HMI (panelview 1000 component)
in HMi, i want to display all data follow this way
===============================================
when PLC1 in Service ( I use always all bit in PLC1 )
HMI will display all data of PLC1
When PLC1 fault ( by some reason) PLC2 will take over
i sent a bit ( PLC2 OK bit ) of PLC2 to HMI
and HMi will display all data of PLC2
=================================================
but when PLC2 fault, i can back to display all data of PLC1 ( in case PLC1 back service)
cause PLC2 still keep value of bit which sent to HMi
and HMi still work with data of PCL2, although PLC2 fault
==================================================
pls help me how can i do
when PLC2 fault
bit PLC2 sent to HMI have to = 0 (PLC2 OK bit)
to make sure HMi will display data of PLC1
pls try to understand and help me
thanks much

What type of PLC are you using ?

What sort of networking are you using ?

I sounds like you are trying to implement a do-it-yourself redundancy system with very basic components.

I do not know of any way to switch a PanelView Component from one controller to another in case of a fault.

You might try having screens addressed to PLC1 and identical screens addressed to PLC2.

What type of PLC are you using ?

What sort of networking are you using ?

I sounds like you are trying to implement a do-it-yourself redundancy system with very basic components.

I do not know of any way to switch a PanelView Component from one controller to another in case of a fault.

You might try having screens addressed to PLC1 and identical screens addressed to PLC2.
I am using 1769-L33ER
and internet communication between them
yes, my project is redundancy system.
problem is they want use 1 screen for 2 PLC...
help me more pls

I need to save this lecture in a text file because I'm so tired of typing it out.

The only architecture advertised, promoted, designed, and supported by Rockwell Automation for Redundant controllers is ControlLogix Redundancy.

While CompactLogix DeviceNet backup and Logix family Software Switching may be appropriate for use in some applications by experienced users, only ControlLogix Redundancy provides features like CPU redundancy, network redundancy, automatic edit crossloading, and network address switching.

In addition, the PanelView Component series controllers are not advertised, promoted, designed, or supported to work with ControlLogix or CompactLogix control systems. While there may be unsupported methods to make these devices work together in a limited way, I am unwilling to document or support them.

I agree that the hardware combination selected here is not natively compatible. Also, to attempt to use this hardware for redundancy is far from supported, easy, or ideal. If it is possible to set up in some way, it would have to be for a non-critical redundancy architecture. In fact, it would not really be classed as a redundancy system, but more a 'fail over' system at the 'PLC/HMI' level. It could never be relied upon for anything that needs to be critically redundant.

But...

Ken Roach said:
...In addition, the PanelView Component series controllers are not advertised, promoted, designed, or supported to work with ControlLogix or CompactLogix control systems. While there may be unsupported methods to make these devices work together in a limited way, I am unwilling to document or support them.

Ken,

I agree with that statement except for the "supported" and "unsupported" part. I would rephrase it, leaving "supported" out and adding "natively" in...

...the PanelView Component series controllers are not advertised, promoted or designed to work with ControlLogix or CompactLogix control systems natively...

While they are not designed specifically for the Logix controllers, they are supported to work with them, in a limited way, just not natively.

You can use the PanelView Component terminals with Logix controllers across serial using DF1 and PLC/SLC tag mapping, or, across Ethernet using the PanelView Component's built-in Modbus TCP protocol. Because this protocol is not native to the Logix controllers, you have to use open socket communication, which of course entails programming. Alternatively, you can use an external interface, such as Prosoft's Ethernet/IP to Modbus TCP/IP gateway (PLX31-EIP-MBTCP).

Disclaimer: I am only pointing out that, while not designed to be used together, RA does supported communications between PanelView Component terminals and Logix controllers, such as ControlLogix and CompactLogix.

Regards,
George