Panbuilder 1400e upload application won't open

russrmartin

Hey guys. We have a Panelbuilder 1400e that when we upload the application, it uploads fine, and is saved as a .PVD file. When we try to open this in Panelbuilder, it says that it cannot find the blah blah blah, .IDX file. What is this? I have found several on my computer, but all of them are about 2K and I don't know what any of them do. Has anyone else had trouble uploading an application and getting it to work in Panelbuilder again? We're knda stuck if we ever want to make changes to this thing. Thanks in advance.

Russ

update

Well, I finally decided to just go ahead and reload PB1400e software. Now instead of the previous problem, I get the following erro, BTM caused a generic protection fault in module GFIL10.dll. Anyone seen this? I'm lost.

Russ

Someone else asked the same question in THIS message in 'another' forum. It never got answered, but the first post in that thread mentions something about incompatibility with a Windows update. Might be worth a shot... :confused:
beerchug

-Eric

Thanks a lot

Thanks a lot Eric. This explains a lot. I will add a post to that thread, and hopefully by now someone has the cure. If not, it seems to me like I need some of our IT help for this one. Thanks also for the info on this forum. I'll be keeping an eye on that one as well.

Russ

This is a known issue that is induced by Microsoft update/hotfix KB828741.

Rockwell has this document:
P81834218 - PanelBuilder 1400E - fails when trying to open an application in WIN2000 or WIN XP Pro

To resolve this you must call Microsoft:
Computers with WINDOWS 2000 SP4:
Customers must contact Microsoft for patch KB840999
The patch KB840999 is available only through Microsoft.

For computers with Windows XP SP1:
Customers must contact Microsoft for patch KB841559
The patch KB841559 is available only through Microsoft.

There are several contact phone numbers, based on a customers support contract with MS.
The following link can help identify contact methods: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=cntactms&style=home