Ab 5/15 fault

bh307

Got a call to one of our recycle compressors had shut down and would not start ,Found the 5/15 faulted with the processor light blinking red .when online with my laptop and when to fault errors and found (/10 hardware error ) . I was able to clear the fault and reset the processor .It has been running for 2 days without anyother problems . The Processor was change out back in 2006. Anyone know what may have cause this fault. all I can find is it was a recoveable harware fault.
thanks
Bh307

Loose module? Bad backplane? Dirt? Heat? Condensation? Something else?
Faults happen. They need to be diagnosed, and you are on site, we aren't. Any other information?

None of the above ,That is some of the first things I checked ,all is good no problem seen that is why I was asking ,It started back up fine and like I said it has ran now for almost 3 days without anymore problem, I am going to let it run till it happens again or if it does not then good.I work for the plant it is at ,so if it happens again I will be call on it.The unit will be going down for maintance in about 3 weeks ,If it runs till then I will take it down and do more checks.

bh307Can you post the program?

My guy says backplane. With this being a Classic 5/15 I guess at an age of 10+ years old. I had a stamping press that had a small vibration with no problem, when they changed job the shock load increased and cause the backplane to vibrate. We never found a bad spot in the chassis but after it was changed the problems went away.

I know changing parts is not the best answer but it is cheaper than moving the panel to a less harse enviroment.

I would also think something with the backplane, I do not thnk it is vibration, it is a stand along cabinet about 25 ft away for the compressor inside a little building. also the the cabinet has a purge and the temp. that day was 73 deg. f.

No powerlose everything around it was still running and this is a chemical plant we would have know if there had been a power lose or dip.