problems changing output cards on logix 5561

bh307

I have a 1756-ow16I card in slot 3 of my rack ,I change it out with a 1756-oa16I because of my watchdog timer was to fast for the 1756-ow16i card. I deleted the one card and added the other . The problem is the my ethernet card in slot 6 fails and with to property for the ethernet card it said it is not connect to the bus I remove the 1756-oa16 card and go back with the 1756-ow16i the ethernet card passes and comes back. HELP HELP

I have a 1756-ow16I card in slot 3 of my rack ,I change it out with a 1756-oa16I because of my watchdog timer was to fast for the 1756-ow16i card.

Types of modules have absolutely nothing to do with watchdog timers

I deleted the one card and added the other . The problem is the my ethernet card in slot 6 fails and with to property for the ethernet card it said it is not connect to the bus

Try re-writing this to make a bit more sense.... What is the error message exactly ?

My guess is that somehow the slot numbers assigned to the modules are incorrect. Verify that the slot numbers assigned on the General Tab match the actual slot numbers occupied by the cards (numbering starts at Slot 0, on the left).

I, too, am confused about what sort of watchdog issue you were having with a relay output card.

Post as much detail as you can and maybe Forum members will be able to help you diagnose and fix the problem.

What error message are you seeing when the Ethernet card fails?

Or are you seeing MSG instruction errors ?

Please, more explicit detail is needed

Ok with I put in the 1756-oa16i My 1756-enbt(ethernet card) shows fault T006 When I pull this card out and go back with the 1756-ow16i fault clears and starts working. Do you think the 1756-oa16I my be a bad card?
Thanks

Last edited:
1. Are you changing the I/O module in the project tree and re-downloading ?

2. Is this a Remote Chassis (Controller in another) ?

Is the "T006" fault code showing on the 1756-ENBT dot matrix display, or is this something you are seeing in a field in RSLogix 5000 ?

There is no way that inserting a card in the backplane can programmatically cause a diagnostic or hardware fault in a network card. It sounds like the 1756-OA16I card is shutting down the whole backplane ControlBus.

Is the 1756-OA16I card new, or used ?

yesterday I would have agree with both of you ,but this is what I have seen . I put the new card in I get a T006 fault on my enbt card showing on the dot matix go online to the tree and it show a conflict on the enbt card you click on it it said no card in slot 6 ,But it is in slot 6 . Ok the new 1756- oa16I card show ok and all the outputs are working also all the other cards inclueing a analog card in slot 4 is working . So the backplane is working on all the cards but the enbt card. pull the 1756-oa16i backout and power up the enbt starts working again. I power down pulled all the cards out but the enbt card and power up enbt paa test and ok . Now with only the enbt card in I power down and put in the 1756-oa16i card so now I have only the 1756-oa16i card and the enbt card in powerup enbt faults with t006 on the dot matix and software said there is nothing in its slot. I put all the cards back in and call my AB supplyer and had a new card hotshot to the plant, Put in the new card powerup problem gone back online everthing is great. And yes the first card was new factory seal.