Impinj Speedway RFID reader to PLC over Ethernet

thomasks

Hi all,
I am trying to interface an Impinj Speedway Revolution R420 reader with a PLC over Ethernet. I have been having a heck of a time finding a PLC that can except the data due to protocol restrictions with the PLC's. Most of the PLC's use Modbus over Ethernet for their communications protocol. The reader uses and LLRP and TCP/IP. What I want to do is capture the RFID tag read data in the PLC. It is 96 bits of hex for each tag and there could be up to 500 tags.
The reader manufacturer wants us to go directly to a host PC running and application that will handle the data. But our application requires the PLC to do this. Can anyone suggest a solution?

Kirk

Hi Kirk,
My name is Louis Parker, a Sr. Field Application Engineer with Impinj. I'm responding a bit late to your post here but I came across it while researching a similar topic, did you get this resolved? You can contact me directly to let me know [email protected]
In brief, Impinj has a number of partners we work with (i.e. Omnitrol) that help integrate RFID and PLC control.

Kirk, Louis,

I am currently looking for a solution to the exact same thing right now. I know that the original post is from 2011 but what did you end up doing?

Hey, i have the same issue to communicate between an impinj reader and an M340 schneider PLC. Could you please help with anything if you end up doing that?

BR