Rs485 to ml1500 tester

bh307

Does anyone know a fast way to make a rs485 test using ML1500
I have a new trident on a boiler and I am sending date to my honeywell tdc 3000 using RS485 .What I would like to do is hookup A ML1500 to receive data from the trident to test my trident and my cable before hooking into the DCS. Any ideal on how to do this would be great Thanks :p

Thanks Mickey the modscan work great . It turn out that the DCS FTA card was bad not my trident or cable . Just had to jump threw hoops to make the DCS guys believe there new card was bad. Anyways all is good now.Thanks for your help.

Slightly off topic, but I use a laptop with RS-232 port to monitor communications when I am trying to set up a new serial link. It works with RS-232 or RS-485 just connected to the negative line and ground.
Roy

Last edited: