PID control Question easy theory curiosity

We are covering pid control with our plcs right now, using electronic control systems, and have the question posed, PID control can be accomplished by? Is it possible for mechancial systems, pneumatic, hydroulic, and electronic control systems all to be used, or just one or the other?

Well the question as given to us via the book:

PID control can be accomplished by:

a) mechanical systems
b) pneumatic systems
c) hydraulic systems
d) electonic control systems
e) all above

I may have worded it wrong, I appologize. Makes sense to me, I'm just not sure about the answer?

All of the above.
However, the answer is meaningless unless you know why it is correct.

Hint, is the speed govenor invented back in the 19th century a PID controller?

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Been working with PLCs for a couple of decades, but almost 100% DirectLogic. Have a customer who wanted me to make a couple of simple changes to a...
Replies
Views
New to the EcoStruxure programming software (I'm an AutomationDirect guy) and I've been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out how...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a PID loop in an AB ControlLogix processor and what I'd like to do is make sure that it doesn't all the CV to fall below a certain...
Replies
Views
Good morning, I have a question and I don't really know what you would call this.... I have 2 tanks which I need to control the level or froth...
Replies
Views
Dear All, I’m configuring a PID control using Modicon PL7. I have never worked with the Schneider Electric equipment before. Does anybody have...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom