Ignition OPC HDA server

AMS2750

Can Ignition be used to serve historical data to a third-party historian client?

The documentation says that Ignition can be used as an OPC UA server. I've only worked with OPC DA, A&E, and HDA and I'm not quite sure I understand if by saying that it's an OPC UA server, the implication is that Ignition can serve "OPC HDA" data to an "OPC HDA" client? The assumption being that Ignition is used to store historical data using the Tag Historian module.

I've tried to illustrate my question in the attached picture. I don't know if all the connection lines are accurate, but they reflect my limited understanding of how data moves in Ignition.

I'm basically asking if the Ignition OPC UA server can server historical data to a third-party historical client.

Thanks,
AMS2750

Ignition OPC.jpg

Can Ignition be used to serve historical data to a third-party historian client?

The documentation says that Ignition can be used as an OPC UA server. I've only worked with OPC DA, A&E, and HDA and I'm not quite sure I understand if by saying that it's an OPC UA server, the implication is that Ignition can serve "OPC HDA" data to an "OPC HDA" client? The assumption being that Ignition is used to store historical data using the Tag Historian module.

I've tried to illustrate my question in the attached picture. I don't know if all the connection lines are accurate, but they reflect my limited understanding of how data moves in Ignition.

I'm basically asking if the Ignition OPC UA server can server historical data to a third-party historical client.

Thanks,
AMS2750

can't answer that specifically, but you should post that question here:

https://inductiveautomation.com/forum/index.php

you will need to join to post.

I dont think it has the capability of doing anything hda over opc-ua. I believe that the opc-da module also supports hda. I am going off of memory, so I might be wrong.

No, Ignition doesn't do this right now.

For OPC historical access, only consuming historical data via OPC-HDA is implemented.