Problem with Data logging Citect and Excel

RodriC

Hi Everybody, i Reeeeaaaallly need you help please.
What i need to do is this, i´m working in citect with a simple program, monitoring 4 digital variables, monitoring if they are on or off, i read the data from an adam 4050 conected via an adam4520 to the computer everything works fine, but what i have to do is to register every 10 min. for example the state of each one of the digital inputs and record it in Excel.
Ive worked with this: "=Citect|Data!Motor_primario" in excel and i can see the state of each one of the entries with no problem, but it doesnt save any data it just shows in real time the state of the entries.
When i made a trend of the entries and push the save button and saves it like an *.xls i have the excel file i need but i have to push the save button, it doesn´t work automatically.
Ive read the citect manual and i guess the csv list (working with the macro ddeformu.xls) is what i need but it doesnt work.
So this is what ive done so far: ive tried to make a Visual Basic program, it works but everytime i save a data in excel i "lose" some seconds, so in an hour i end losing like 2 or 3 min. Its really a program, cause i need to monitor at least a day.
So i´m guessing the solution is working with cicode (maybe trnexportdbf), but i´m kinda new with citect and i cant do it.
It doesnt matter if the solution is with Excel or maybe with a Database like an Acces file.
Please HElP!!! i´m desperate, if you wish i can send you my visual basic program.
If you can help me and need some information my mail is [email protected]
PLease, i really would apreciate iif you can help me

Check the Citect Knowledgebase that came with Citect. It is very good.

Join the Citect User List. There are guys there that are ding this everday. You can ask the question and get a miriad of answers. This subject came up not long ago but I do not think I saved the reply. Will have a look in my "deleted" folder.

Rodric

Could you not use the 'sleep' command to achieve this...

If you have a 'save' button that executes the function you want, and all you want to do is execute that function automatically. Could you not do something like this is CiCode:

While 1 DO
LogToExcel(); ! This is you button function
Sleep(10); !This pauses for 10 seconds
ReRead(1); !This rereads all the I/O data (ie refreshes the tags)
END

Not sure if that is what you're looking for....

Cheers

JT :))

Join the Citect User List. There are guys there that are ding this everday. You can ask the question and get a miriad of answers. This subject came up not long ago but I do not think I saved the reply. Will have a look in my "deleted" folder.
Deleted I am afraid. JOIN THE USER"S LIST!!!!

RodriC said:
Hi Everybody, i Reeeeaaaallly need you help please.
What i need to do is this, i´m working in citect with a simple program, monitoring 4 digital variables, monitoring if they are on or off, i read the data from an adam 4050 conected via an adam4520 to the computer everything works fine, but what i have to do is to register every 10 min. for example the state of each one of the digital inputs and record it in Excel.
Ive worked with this: "=Citect|Data!Motor_primario" in excel and i can see the state of each one of the entries with no problem, but it doesnt save any data it just shows in real time the state of the entries.
When i made a trend of the entries and push the save button and saves it like an *.xls i have the excel file i need but i have to push the save button, it doesn´t work automatically.
Ive read the citect manual and i guess the csv list (working with the macro ddeformu.xls) is what i need but it doesnt work.
So this is what ive done so far: ive tried to make a Visual Basic program, it works but everytime i save a data in excel i "lose" some seconds, so in an hour i end losing like 2 or 3 min. Its really a program, cause i need to monitor at least a day.
So i´m guessing the solution is working with cicode (maybe trnexportdbf), but i´m kinda new with citect and i cant do it.
It doesnt matter if the solution is with Excel or maybe with a Database like an Acces file.
Please HElP!!! i´m desperate, if you wish i can send you my visual basic program.
If you can help me and need some information my mail is [email protected]
PLease, i really would apreciate iif you can help me

The best way to do this would be to use VBA to copy all of the cells with the data you need and then paste/special "data only" this will paste the data in and not the underlining formula that has your DDE connection.
I was searching for help with Citect and excel and came across this, so thanks for showing me the syntax!

You should be able to trend the digital tags you're intereseted in; this creates the historical file. Then use Cicode to extract what you need and format it as you need; a useful cicode function for this is trngettable.

urgent

dear all members i am in urgent need for a help

i am trying to do sequencing for some equipments using citect scada

some body suggested that i should use sleep

but i don't know how to do this

please somebody help meeeeeeeee

Hi jamesau,
i've been trying to use trngettable in order to use tablemath function. I need to calculate my trend value. But i couldnt make it. Seen that you know this trngettable function, do you have any example that is running successfully using this function?? Do you mind to send the example to me? I would very glad if you could help me, coz i'm in the urgent on applying this function in my project. -thanks-

I don't have an example that would show you what to do. You will need to define trend tags.

I suggest that you utilize the help section and the knowledge base.

Maybe this isn't you but don't try to build up the whole application at once and then struggle to make it work. This results in frustration, bugs, lost-time, and generally poor programming.

Rather, experiment with small test-bed applications so that you can familiarize yourself with exactly how the required functions perform. Then integrate the essentials from the smaller test functions into increasing larger prototypes; you will arrive at your final desired application. You may have to create some extra test tags, screens, and code; this is a much more efficient and gratifying way to create your application.

Good luck.

owh okay. Thanks for your advice. It just that i've been tried to get it run for 2 weeks but haven't got any result. So a bit frust now :p But anyway, thanks, i'll try to solve it. :) :)