CP343-1 Lean creating connections with software set IP address

GraemeElliner

Hi, I have a bit of an unusual problem.
We sell a product with a PLC embedded in it. The PLC consists of CPU314-2 PN/DP with a CP343-1 lean in the next available slot (slot 4).
The cpu comm ports have a fixed IP address (192.168.0.1) for programming and comms with a SCADA interface for local control.
The CP343 port is intended to connect to a customers facility which we can configure from the SCADA. Hence we have set the IP address configuration in NetPro to "set IP address in user program" and use FC55 to change the address details.
This all works fine and we can ping the CP343 what ever address I set (once we reconfigure the pc to the same subnet).
However in this mode I cannot set up the connections I need to send/receive the 5 DB's (using FC95 & FC96).

In NetPro if I set the CP343 IP address to a fixed address ("Set IP address in Properties-Ethernet Interface dialog"), I can set up the connections and I can get the TCP comms to work
However I can not then change the IP address from software for the port and connections.

Any ideas How I can do this?