Modbus micologix 1400

Hojland

Dos anyone have an rss file(logix 500) with modbus rtu communication. I am trying to get some value out of an janitza ugm511 power analyser. Eg modbus adress 19000 voltage L1-N

Thanks harryting😀 I have seen that. But I dont know how to setup up the MSG funktion for modbus. That is why I was hoping some one had don it before

Backup a bit, you are setting up the 1400 as Master, right?

Check out the Rockwell SCADA Application manual: ag-um008_-en-p.pdf

Start on page 3-57 it shows how you config MSG.

I didt that in the begining, but all the example that I have seen, the set the ML1400 as slave. Hmm dont get it.

Example is just that, in YOUR case, you need to figure out which should be the master and which one is the slave. ML1400 can be either but a lot of lower functioning device can only be slave so the decision is made in such cases.

It's not clear in your post that you setup the physical layer stuff already, have you done that yet and have you tested it with some other device or PC based modbus simulator?

It is my first time, doing modbus. That is way I was asking for an example rss file or an guide. I will try on again on monday. Thanks

I got your mail. Thanks. I will look at it on monday. Can I just use a straight throu cabel from ML1400s sub d (channel 2) to janitza sub d?

The ML1400 channel 2 doesn't support RS485 - only RS232. The easiest solution (but some say not the cheapest!) is to use the Allen Bradley 1763-NC01 (see attached). This provides a break-out termination block to connect your Modbus A & B lines as necessary.

I also have a library of RSLogix500 files for both Modbus Master & Slave if it is of any use to you?

Regards,

Rob

I don't have a sample with me, but one thing you absolutely MUST do is power-cycle the PLC after you change the chanel configuration. I once wasted an entire day trying to establish modbus comms until I tried a reboot on a whim.

I'll send a sample in the morning