Uniop HMI on Ethernet UniNet having slow update

GaryP

Greetings

I have 2 Uniop ePad32 HMI panels with TCM10A ethernet modules fitted. These are connected to a DL-260 PLC. The panels are set up as Single Client, Single Server Ethernet Uninet and IP address assigned to each (192.168.11.250 and 192.168.11.251 with subnet mask 255.255.255.0). The server panel is connected to the PLC network port. The main panel program is identical in both. Firmware version 58 on both panels. Designer version 6.05 used for panel programming.

I am experiencing excessive time delays on the client panel for graphic updates and for function key press response. Sometimes as long as 10 seconds. I have tried different IP addresses, subnet masks, and just using a crossover cable between the 2 panels.

For a test I wrote a PLC program with just a NOP and END rungs. On the panel I put a indicator light graphic that shows the status of a control relay. I programmed a function key on the panel to toggle the control relay. The panels where connected to each other via a crossover cable. I commenced testing. On the server panel I could "hammer" the function key and the graphic would update with no problem. On the client panel when I "hammered" its function key it worked good for about 10 cycles then stopped, After about 10 seconds it responded. The affect was like having a key buffer with a delay time.

My current solution due to the distance from the client panel to the PLC within RS232 specifications, was to place it on the programming port of the PLC, and only use the ethernet connection for panel programming since its heaps faster than serial.

Has anyone else had this happen? What have I missed? Is it the nature of the beast to do this? This is the first time I have used Uniop HMI panels.