Rockwell Automation Forum Open

tomalbright said:
Just visited - again. It seems that when you are using the free logon, you are a "guest", and not a "member". Also, some folks (one from here!) posted topics which were moved to the registered area.

Now, if you aren't registered with techsupport, isn't that a little useless? You can never read the thread!

{RANT ON}

I posted there... I have a service contract.... and I still can not see the damn thread I started and was moved, go figure!

I think they should let EVERYONE read the threads... if they want only 'paying members' to get to post then I guess that would be OK, but I think all should get to read the information, we have all purchased the products, so it should not be a secret on how to use it.!!

AB/Rockwell we all know makes a very good product, but I need help sometimes, my job is hard enough don't make it harder.

{RANT OFF}

You probably need a "view threads" contract as well!!
I'm sure you'll get a brochure in the mail soon on how to go about it!!
Felling better already GIT?? (he he)

Oh, this is good too. Lawyers love to dream I guess...Did anyone actually read the terms?

http://rockwell.lithium.com/rockwell/tos

Indemnify meaning to compensate for incurred damage.

9. You agree to indemnify and defend Rockwell Automation, its respective directors, officers and employees, from and against any and all claims, damages, and cost, of whatever kind or nature, in contract, tort, or otherwise (including claims of infringement or misappropriation), arising as a result of your use of this Site, including without limitation, your posting or transmitting of materials to this Site or the subsequent downloading and use of such materials by other Site users.

I just tried to access the forum.
They are bloody hopeless with their passwords and access.
My support login wont let me access the site. It is not clear if it is the same login or a new regristration is required. I tried to re-register but the system says my email address is already in their database so goodbye.
The whole thing is too hard and not worth anymore of my time.

Regards Alan

tomalbright said:
Just visited - again. It seems that when you are using the free logon, you are a "guest", and not a "member". Also, some folks (one from here!) posted topics which were moved to the registered area.

Now, if you aren't registered with techsupport, isn't that a little useless? You can never read the thread!

Completely useless, another stitch up by rockwell :)

Alan Case said:
I just tried to access the forum.
They are bloody hopeless with their passwords and access.
My support login wont let me access the site. It is not clear if it is the same login or a new regristration is required. I tried to re-register but the system says my email address is already in their database so goodbye.
The whole thing is too hard and not worth anymore of my time.

Regards Alan

Hi Alan,

I had the same issue, but I sent them (a few of them) PM's and now I am able to get in... first you have to register to the new forums with an account that has you tech support contract tied to it, then check your profile to see if your tech number is tied to it....

I still think they should let anyone read it.... but last time I check my last name was not Rockwell :)

I still think they should let anyone read it.... but last time I check my last name was not Rockwell
My suggestion for those of you who can access all of the forums but feel like GIT does:

Post everything to one of the open forums so the moderator will have to move every post. Make sure you mention that the reason you are posting to the open forum is to protest Rockwell's policy. If enough people do it, the moderator will be overwhelmed by the volume of posts he has to move and Rockwell will have to change their policy.

It's early enough in the life of the new forum that you still might be able to make some changes happen if enough people object. If all of the people under contract go along meekly and take the attitude that since the policy doesn't affect them personally, there is no reason to take a stand, then the policy will stand.

Steve Bailey said:
Post everything to one of the open forums so the moderator will have to move every post. Make sure you mention that the reason you are posting to the open forum is to protest Rockwell's policy. If enough people do it, the moderator will be overwhelmed by the volume of posts he has to move and Rockwell will have to change their policy.
As a moderator I object and think if you don't like it, go find another forum.

But I do admit it would drive most moderators completely crazy. Especially if topics have replies and are half answered to when moved...then new post asking where the topic was moved to, then new replies in that one answering the question...the moving the topic again, then new topic...

i've had enough of rockwell forums. it was a great idea to start forum but the sole purpose of the forum (which is support of their product) was allways perverted into censoring based on what some marketing guy taught was better image for the company.
i wasn't missing it a bit. posts or complete threads were disappearing, even my account was lost few times and that' when i came accross MrPLC and this forum. bye bye rockwell, siemens and any other "in house" forums... long live free forums.

Last edited:
That was consistent with my experience there. However, that is not true of the Inductive Automation Forum. Users get good free tech support there without censorship (except deleting automated **** posts). It's reached a point where many of our users don't ever post FactorySQL/FactoryPMI questions on the general forums because they know that they'll get a better answer on the "official" one.

I'd like to think that other vendors provide similarly useful and straightforward forums as well. Rockwell, on the other hand, has a history of such actions. Perhaps they'll take the hint at some point...

panic mode said:
i've had enough of rockwell forums. it was a great idea to start forum but the sole purpose of the forum (which is support of their product) was allways perverted into censoring based on what some marketing guy taught was better image for the company.
i wasn't missing it a bit. posts or complete threads were disappearing, even my account was lost few times and that' when i came accross MrPLC and this forum. bye bye rockwell, siemens and any other "in house" forums... long live free forums.

I got decent answers there... most of the time. As far as other vendors having forums, they DO often have them. I haven't been to the GE forum in months... because... nobody from GE ever seems to answer anything. And, posts are few and far between.

Something else to remember before you start posting threads in the public section that belong in the private section...

The Moderators are not calling the shots, they are only moderating by the guidelines that have been set. The complaint should really go to them instead of just making more work for the moderators

Amen my brother! It's got to be their legal and marketing teams that must be shunned! Shunned!

TWControls said:
Something else to remember before you start posting threads in the public section that belong in the private section...

The Moderators are not calling the shots, they are only moderating by the guidelines that have been set. The complaint should really go to them instead of just making more work for the moderators