1769-SDN error with powerflex 700

srv

I am facing a communication problem between 1769-SDN and powerflex 700.Compact logix PLC is showing Powerflex 700 node is not ready even with devicenet adapter showing all LEDs solid green.But on powerflex 700 HIM showing DPI port 5 fault.Please tell me what will be the issue.I tried to replace the devicenet adapter with a new one.Then 1769-SDN is showing error 77 on it.From the manual i came to know that error 77 is "data mis match".How it can happend with the same VFD with same parameters and new Devicenet adapter.Is it a adapter problem.How i cam solve this problem.Anybody please advice me.

In my opinion, you should solve the first problem first:

CompactLogix PLC is showing Powerflex 700 node is not ready even with DeviceNet adapter showing all LEDs solid green.

Explain exactly what you mean by this. Is there an error code showing on the 1769-SDN scanner ? Or is there some status bit or value in a CompactLogix tag that you interpret as "not ready" ?

This might be something as simple as having the drive configured for 3-wire control and lacking an input signal on the STOP terminal.

You are probably getting Error 77 on the new adapter because the DataLink parameter that determines the I/O connection size is stored in the 20-COMM-D network adapter module itself, not in the PowerFlex 700 drive.

Check the "DPI I/O Config" value on the 20-COMM-D that gets "all green LEDs"; the default value is xxx00001. This parameter is in the DeviceNet Module parameter group, or you can access the 20-COMM-D directly from the drive's HIM module.

No error is showing in the scanner while the equipment tripping with "waterpump not ready" alarm.But" DPI port 5 fault"showing on the VFD HIM module.

It doesn't make any sense that you would get a DPI Port 5 fault on the drive if all of the LEDs on the 20-COMM-D are solid green.

If the 20-COMM-D cannot communicate with the PowerFlex drive, you will see the PORT LED on that module solid red or flashing red.

It would help to know if this is a new startup or if this is a system that has failed in service.

You can certainly try setting a new 20-COMM-D up with the same parameters as the old 20-COMM-D.

hi SRV,
may i know what type of frame u use?
before this in our plant also face this kind of problem. we only disconnect "anaconda" cable then this problem was disappear

I replaced 20-COMM-D and configured as the old adapter.but still unit is tripping.All LED in adapter still showing solid green.Devicenet scanner has no fault codes.But PLC register is showing node fault and unit HMI is showing VFD fail (fault 85)and powerflex 700 HIM is showing DPI port 5 fault when it trips.Is any problem with communication module.VFD has only one digital input (run)from PLC.

Anaconda cable mean the cable we use to directly comm with drive. You will find 1 socket on bottom of powerflex 700 drive and that socket connected to DPI port 5. Disconnect socket at DPI port 5 (beside Comm adapter). You can refer on this link page 67 (equipment no 5):
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/in/20b-in014_-en-p.pdf

Thanks.I disconnected the cable,now it is working perfect.Thanks a lot.I think it is a strange fault happening to power flex 700 frame 6.0.Any way it is working now.Thank you very much.