how to connect VFD with PLC all are delta

HamzaAhmed

Hi guys,

I want to connect VFD (vfd110E43a) with PLC (DVP14SS2).

1- How many inputs and outputs needed for the VFD? I want to control it automatically.

2- How to make a communication via Modbus? Do i need invertor RS232 to ethernet?

3- Can i make a communication with Mitsubitions PLC vai Modbus?

4- could i connect VFD delta with Mitsubitions PLC directly?

See attached file

Go to :
https://deltaacdrives.com/Delta-VFD-E-User-Manual.pdf

and download manual.

In attached figure you can use inputs M1 & M2 to start the drive FWD/REV.

With ACI&AVI inputs you can use 4-20 mA or 0-10 VDC from a PLC in order to control speed.

This drive is capable of using CAN(Page 303) , Dnet (page 296), etc, please ask you PLC distributor for this options.

This drive also has a small PLC inside (Go to Page 322).

I think you should clearly define the control functions you need: start/stop, forward (and reverse?) speed control, monitor motor speed, amps, motor power, etc. Are there critical functions that you must have hard-wired, such as an E-Stop or a protective system?

Then talk to the supplier that you purchase the PLC and Drive from. Explain the above, and ask for their assistance. They will probably have experience and can provide guidance. They will undoubtedly be able to assist with the communications questions.

I think you should clearly define the control functions you need: start/stop, forward (and reverse?) speed control, monitor motor speed, amps, motor power, etc. Are there critical functions that you must have hard-wired, such as an E-Stop or a protective system?

Then talk to the supplier that you purchase the PLC and Drive from. Explain the above, and ask for their assistance. They will probably have experience and can provide guidance. They will undoubtedly be able to assist with the communications questions.

nice to see that you are still around Tom. :)

Go to :
https://deltaacdrives.com/Delta-VFD-E-User-Manual.pdf

and download manual.

In attached figure you can use inputs M1 & M2 to start the drive FWD/REV.

With ACI&AVI inputs you can use 4-20 mA or 0-10 VDC from a PLC in order to control speed.

This drive is capable of using CAN(Page 303) , Dnet (page 296), etc, please ask you PLC distributor for this options.

This drive also has a small PLC inside (Go to Page 322).

Thank you so much, seems easy to control.
How can i control the speed? The PLC could gives 0-10 or 4-20mA or i have to buy an external module?

What do you mean about ACI&AVI?

Hi Tom, Thanks for your help.

I have a mixer for some powders with 10Hp motor, i am going to to start, stop, forward, reverse, high speed, low speed. No need for many speeds, just high and low.

I don't know how many inputs and outputs from the PLC to VRF that i need. Could you help?

Thank you so much, seems easy to control.
How can i control the speed? The PLC could gives 0-10 or 4-20mA or i have to buy an external module?

What do you mean about ACI&AVI?

ACI and AVI are Analog Current Input and Analog Voltage Input. This is the same as 0-10VDC or 4-20mA.

Which PLC instruction are you using? Do you have any analog outputs?