Flowmeter Calibration GXworks2

Iyandabr

Hi guys
Please I'm working on a project that I need to monitor the flow and I can only allow the process to continues if the measured quantity and preset quantity are equal. But most of the flowmeter or switches I can see are measuring flow rate. How can I implement this please to achieve a quantity 👨🏻‍🏫, I'm using GX Works 2 (ladder logic).
Thanks

Many flowmeters are capable of sending a pulse every time a specified quantity passes through. Your PLC program can accumulate pulses to calculate total volume. Many flowmeters can be equipped with an analog output signal proportional to flow rate. You could monitor that signal in your PLC and integrate it over time to calculate cumulative volume.

As already stated, most flowmeters have a pulse output as well as analogue You have not specified the PLC hardware, I assume it will be a Q or L series, the pulse output of a flowmeter can usually be set for example at 1 pulse per litre, this is important as a pulse speed (pulse length) of more than 20ms will require the use of high speed inputs, so assume that normal I/O can read the number of pulses per second this is not a problem. again just increment the pulses in a register or counter, alternatively there are ways either high speed counter modules or even digital I/O & use interrupts & direct access to the I/O.
As for using the analogue Steve has already posted what you could do.

Analogue does not give pulses it will give out a varying digital value for example 4-20ma = 0-500 litres/min the value in the PLC will vary for example 0-16384 if scaled then you could scale it to 0-500 in other words divide it by 32.768 this will then give you your 0-500 in the PLC.
to accumulate the total dosed you would need to sample it at say every 1 second (or even less) then divide it by 60 this will give you the rough value every second, at the same time add this to a variable to give you a total accumulated total, this is a rough way of doing it & not very accurate as the flow may vary over the second sample time.
To get a true accumulated dosing amount use the pulse output this is the only sure way to get accurate amount dosed.
If the number of pulses per litre was > 1 for example 0.5 then again the maths is simple to get the amount dosed.