Possible to use wifi adapter as hotspot?

The temporary admin access lasts 7 days. I put a reminder on my calendar to make a request once per week one day before so I don't get my admin access interrupted. Still annoying for sure.

Our corporate IT department has taken over pretty much everything. We used to have a local IT department at our plant that was way more flexible. Since then they have been downsized so they hardly do anything anymore other than resetting/maintaining servers, doing line drops, etc. Basically everything physical that you can't readily do remotely.

Corporate IT runs the place like everybody is the same. It doesn't matter if you are a programmer or some guy in finance that stares at spreadsheets all day. Everybody's laptop needs to run on the corporate image and nobody really gets special access. It took a significant amount of my time to get a decent laptop just to run software properly. It's really sad.

Hi, I had one job where they did that. Not giving admin rights. I was working in Alaska, and fish is processed 24/7. I needed to install software and my laptop wouldn't let me. Also the firewall settings were too tight for BOOTP to work. So I called them at 2 am in the morning their time. IT guy got on line and got me through that one issue. At 3:30 am I called him back so I could download Turck software. That time he made me an administrator. So don't put that ticket in every 7 days; wait til it expires and then call them at all hours. I guarantee you they will grant you admin rights. Hope this helps. 🔨