Upload Siemens KTP700 Program

mjp123gp

Hello,

I have a customer requesting me to duplicate an existing small well control system they already have that uses an S7-1200 and a KTP700 Basic HMI. I already have the PLC program file but they don't have a copy of the HMI project files. I was wondering if its possible to upload the runtime files and convert them back to a project file so I can make edits for the new HMI. If not, can I at least upload the runtime file and download it to another HMI?

Thanks

I was wondering if its possible to upload the runtime files and convert them back to a project file so I can make edits for the new HMI.
Not possible.

If not, can I at least upload the runtime file and download it to another HMI?
Yes, the HMI has to be exactly the same type and FW version.

Why dont you have the source project file ?
You are not doing something questionable are you ?

Thanks!

The company that installed the existing pump controls is no longer around. The new pump control system will be identical to the existing one so we wanted to use the same PLC/HMI program to save time.

Or put a memory card in the system slot of the hmi
Go to hmi control panel and use the backup functionality

Then on the second panel use the restore functionality.

Nice and easy

This is probably the one thing that is annoying with Siemens HMIs compared to ABs

100% agree!

The story I heard was because there was a bad implementation of this feature in the old WinCC Flex era Siemens panels (it was called "Backtransfer", but it was off by default, and it didn't fit in the built in memory of the panel, you needed an SD card or USB stick), no one used it. Therefore, Development decided that they could just cut the feature that no one used when they made the new generation panels, instead of making the feature not terrible.