HMS Serial to Ethernet/IP Serial Linking Device

garethmorgan

Hello All,

I am trying to connect an Allen Bradley PLC (1769-L16ER-BB1B Complactlogix) to a serial device using an HMS EN2SE-R Linking device.

This is my first time using a serial device, so I may be missing something obvious.

I configure the module in Studio 5000 and have followed all of the set up instructions in the HMS manual and the example video on the HMS website, however every time I try to download the configuration to the EN2SE-R, I get a box pop up that says "bad file name or number". It does the same thing when I try to save it.

I have attached a screen shot of the error.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks!

HMS_EN2SE_R Error.jpg

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

I found a post to the HMS forum from about 5 years ago suggesting that one cause for the "bad file name or number" message is that the *.ACD file is on a networked drive, which the embedded HMS utility can't handle.

Obviously the way to check that out is to put the *.ACD on your desktop or the C: drive somewhere.