IDE / Editor for AB Structured Text

Is there an IDE or editor out there that can edit AB 5000 Studio structured text?

I cant seem to find anything out there. I have done lots of HMI scripting for wonderware and some other projects by exporting the tag DB to excel and allowing excel to generate most of the text for the scripting. That may be what I have to do for AB as well.

But I was hoping there was a user defined or add on for NPP or something that I could just download.

I copy/paste ST routines from Notepad++ into and out of Studio 5000 every day.

NP++ set for Pascal mode highlights stuff pretty similarly.

Visual Studio Code has an extension for Structured Text support:

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=rcanedu.st#overview

You can download Visual Studio Code from here:

https://code.visualstudio.com/

After installing Code, go to View->Extensions, then entered Structured Text in the search bar. After installing, the extension, open or create a new file. Then at the lower right, click Plain Text and change it to Structured Text.

You will then get the color coding and intellisense code typing.

VSCodeST.jpg

Hey Thanks Archie! I was about to create a full on Notepad++ language file to share! I'll check out this Visual Studio Code extension. I'm getting ready to create my Language Server for VSCode, so maybe I can learn a thing or two analyzing this one! I would have never guessed that someone cared enough to create this. 98% of the people I talk to on a daily basis avoid ST like the plague. In some locations/plants, ST is forbidden, if you can believe that.