Input on one PLC; Output on another

Jim G.

I want to push a button going to one s7-1500 and have it turn on an output and turn on an output on another networked S7-1500. The local part is easy, it's the remote PLC that I am trying to get my head around. How can this be done? Please dumb it down for me as I am still relatively new to Siemens PLC's and TIA portal.

Thanks for the support.

Ok. That seems simple enough. For back and forth communication, does each PLC need a PUT block and a GET block?

If I want to communicate between more than 2 PLC's (Ex- 3 PLC's communicating with each other), does there have to be a GET/PUT combination for each PLC?

Thanks

I have no idea; I'm just facile with The Google. Perhaps there is something written down? Like in a manual? Oh, somewhere?

If the two devices are on the same local network, look up I-Device in the help file. It lets the PLC pretend to be IO to up to 4 other controllers.

If there are multiples, it usually makes sense for 1 PLC to be the "server" and the others to all report to it. The server PLC can then route data between them as needed (it can do whatever you program it to do).

If you need true peer to peer, many to many type communication with no central point, then you could use the TSEND family of blocks to send multicast TCP back and forth. More complicated setup tho, for sure.

I looked more into my program. I have data blocks that are set up for communicating to a "main" PLC. This main can route data to the other PLC's in the line. In addition, the OEM set these blocks up with several "spare" structures I can make use of. This should work for me.