Custom Powerflex AOP

ryushi5

I'm using Studio 5000 with a few Powerflex 753 and 525 drives. I found that the existing program that the customer is using has an AOP for the drive that has values that mine do not. It looks like they custom created an AOP that has the drive output current and DC Bus Voltage.

My question is how did they create this custom AOP with additional data? I'd love to create my own if possible.

Thanks for the help.

They likely didn't, I'd bet they added additional data links, which changes the data type.

How you view/edit data links changed between versions of Logix Designer. The program I have open currently (v32), open a drives properties, click Device Definition on the Overview tab. Navigate to Connection Format, there will be an input and output tab. From there, you can add additional drive parameters.

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

I agree that what you are describing is almost certainly a "module created data type" that was created by Studio 5000 using the ordinary Add On Profile for the drive.

PowerFlex 753 and PowerFlex 525 are going to do this a little differently.

In the PowerFlex 753, you enable the desired number of DataLinks, then assign parameters to them. Because it's a legacy feature inherited from the old SCANPort-based drive comms platform it will look a little kludgy.

Start by going to the PowerFlex 753's General parameters, then the [Change...] button, and examine how many DataLinks are enabled for the Input and Output. I think the PowerFlex 753 supports up to sixteen of each !

In the PowerFlex 525, I think this is done with the EN Data In 1,2,3,4 and EN Data Out 1,2,3,4 parameters. They're described in the User Manual but not at length. I would have to do some research to explain them, but definitely have a look in the Parameters table to see how they're configured.

Thank you both, that's exactly what it was. I'm able to see and change the datalinks in the drive properties for both the 525s and 753s.

It's pretty exciting to be able to easily access this information now.