Vijeo Designer Numeric Display Color Animation

silverviper

Hi,

How do I change a numeric display color based on another bool tag? I am trying to display a RPM number and I want it to turn green when a tag is TRUE and turn red when that tag turns FALSE.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

How do I change a numeric display color based on another bool tag? I am trying to display a RPM number and I want it to turn green when a tag is TRUE and turn red when that tag turns FALSE.

Thanks in advance!

Use a "lamp"

If using an integer the same can apply. And also you further could use alarming for certain conditions

vijeo_lamp.PNG

Hi,

Thanks in advance!

Sorry just saw you mentioned an existing numeric display. In this case a colour resource will sort it out.

colour_vijeo.PNG

Sorry just saw you mentioned an existing numeric display. In this case a colour resource will sort it out.

Thanks for the reply. But how do I change the numeric color based on another bool tag? I
f BOOL_TAG is TRUE, my numeric display will be green, if BOOL_TAG is FALSE, my numeric display will be red.

Thanks for the reply. But how do I change the numeric color based on another bool tag? I
f BOOL_TAG is TRUE, my numeric display will be green, if BOOL_TAG is FALSE, my numeric display will be red.

You can use script and write values to internal integer tag which control color resources.

Another and even simpler is to use two different numeric displays and forecolor red and green. Then right click object, select visible and locate your bit tag there.

Lastly position objects above each other. tag1 is showing green display and tag2 is showing red. if both tags are off, then display isn't showed.

If you locate gray display under red and green, then gray display is showed if both color tags are off.