RSLogix 500 v12 - S2 Mask

AD@brady

Hi there,

I'm trying to perform a mask move operation in RSlogix 500 using the S2(Status) so that it will be easier to transfer them to our SCADA Platform.
Specifically the Online edits(Main tab) and Processor mode(CHAN 0/1) bits.
The question is : Is this possible? If so, would my source be S2 - Status and the destination B3 - Binary?

Thanks,

AD

"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, There is a field. I'll meet you there."

From what I see, the MVM won't work with the S2 data. Since it is only four bits, I would use an XIC for each bit and have each one write to a bit in an integer file.

OG

Processor Mode.png

bst mov/cop/cps s:1 n9:0 nxb and n9:0 15 n9:0 bnd

?

drbitboy,

You just spoke another language to me sir lol.

Thank You all for the feedback. I guess I will try the MOV and XIC!

What I said was this:

Code:
   |   _____________   |
   +--[AND          ]--+
      [SourceA  N9:0]
      [SourceB    15]
      [[U]Dest     N9:0[/U]]
A little cleaner, less clear perhaps, needs a comment e.g. "Cannot use MVM from S register, apparently, so do the same thing with MOV and AND instructions"

Are you sure?

For me, the rung verified with the MVM, but I still had an error in the results saying Invalid Data Type. It was odd. Never seen that before. I still see that when I try it now. That was using the ML1400. When I used a 5/05 everything worked fine. Looks like it works for all 5/01 through 5/05, but none of the ML.

OG

Last edited: