FTView Studio SE Display Problem in Multiple Monitors

fatihkorum7

Hello PLC folks,

I am using FTView Studio SE v10 in my project. I have 2 monitors and the headers are duplicated to be able to use on both screens. So each screen has its own header. On header, there are navigation buttons and some crucial information for operators to view easily.

Situation 1: I have Screen 1 and Screen 2. If I open Display A on Screen 1 and immediately open the same display on Screen 2, it moves the display to Screen 2 leaving a huge gray blank space on Screen 1.

Situation 2: If I open Display A on Screen 1 and navigate to Display B on the same screen (Screen 1), then click to Display A' button on Screen 2, it first opens the Display A on Screen 1 because it was initially opened on Screen 1 and only moves it to Screen 2 if I click the Display A's button on Screen 2.

My question: How can I prevent this? Is there a way to open the display in the current screen? And is it possible to make the SCADA duplicate the display if I want to open the same display on both screens at the same time?

Sounds like you need to select the Allow multiple copies option for the display so you can have multiple copies of the same display open on both screens. I assume that is what you are trying to do.

Also, you can identify screen position settings on the button you are using to call the display. It would be part of the "display" command string. So if you press the display button on Screen 1 the display appears where you want it on Screen 1. Same for Screen 2. This would override each screen's defined positions. Of course that would mean you would have to modify each header.

OG

Allow multiple copies enables displaying the same display more than once. If not set, the first display is turned off, when the second one is opened. So opening display1 on screen1 and then also display1 on screen2 will turn screen1 grey.

The setting OP is looking for is "size to main window at runtime". If not set, the display will size to all screens included in multi monitor setup.