Ge fanuc 90-30 plc

NR_Locus

Hi Everybody

We have a GE Fanuc PLC 90-30 Model and installed CPU374 Plus and CMM321 for communication (via leased line to Remote SCADA).

1) Can we use the ethernet port on the CPU to access the PLC for diagnostic, download project,etc. If yes how

2) We received time out when accessing from SCADA, is there a way to check if the comm card is fine

3)Can we use a USB to RS 232 Converter and RS 232 to 485 converter as the laptop don't have a serial port

4) We downloaded the plc project to the CPU on a separate rack but we brought the CPU on site, the Project is cleared from the CPU, how?

Thank you very much in advance.

You need Proficy Machine Edition software for programming and diagnostics.
1. Connect Proficy programming software to Ethernet port. Straight cable or crossover. CPU has autodetect.
2. Check for Comm errors in Proficy software.
3. Higher priced USB to RS232 adapters work well. Search this site for more info. RS232-422 converter needs it's own powerpack. The type that take power from RS232 won't work. For GE PLC's, use the proper USB cable from your dealer. In your case, the 374 CPU has Ethernet. You don't need RS232/RS422.
4. Lost program. Check CPU battery. Program should have been stored in Flash memory. This is a separate step in Proficy.

For query no 2. i used to get this error when there is established connection between plc and plc programming software,disconnect it and try from scada.hope this helps.

Buy a good usb to serial,else they will make u scratch ur head on site.