OT OT Crazy but good humor

leitmotif

Suspicious item in Ohio luggage: Pickled mangoes

Wed Jun 24, 3:20 pm ET
COLUMBUS, Ohio – An Ohio airport summoned a bomb squad to detonate a suspicious item that turned out to be pickled mangoes. X-ray equipment used by federal security screeners in Columbus could not detect what was inside a sealed canister in luggage being inspected around 7 p.m. Tuesday.
The container was labeled "baby food," but authorities say security personnel became suspicious when the woman who owned the suitcase claimed the canister held pickles.
A fire department bomb squad removed the item from the airport and detonated it, discovering the mangoes.

I wonder how they determined it was mangoes - called in hazardous material team who sent sample to lab to the tune of how many dollars then mopped up the debris.

Kinda reminds me of Oregon town that had whale wash up on beach and start rotting. Highway Dept decided to dynamite it - worked - but chunks of whale all over including one large one that squashed the Highway Dept engineers car - or so the story goes

Dan Bentler

Reminds me of the scene in Reno 911......

As for the melon. This might be one case where it's better safe then to be sorry......I know the story is funny, but I'd rather be it melons then real bombs......