Downloading through an PROFINET card to a CPU314IFM (MPI)

rick-brinkman

Hello All,

I am working with a SIMATC S7 PLC, CPU 413-2DP with a PROFINET card (CP 443-1 TCP).
My laptop is connected through an Ethernet cable with the PROFINET card, so I can program the CPU 413. The S7 CPU 413 is also connected with MPU to a S7 CPU 314 IFM.

29pwykh.jpg

What I want to do with this hardware configuration is to download the program into the CPU 314 by means of the PROFINET card. i.e. download a program from my laptop with Ethernet cable to the PROFINET card (CP 443-2 CP) and then to CPU 413 2-DP and then with an MPI cable to the CPU 314.

If I try this than I get download error (288:47): “Unable to download CPU module CPU 314IFM via the online interface”.

So my question is, Is this even possible what I am trying? So yes, then what am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!!