Transformer Total Load Current! HELP!

POWER_PACKED

Please excuse if this is a naive/silly question, but I am confused!!!!!...

A panel on our production floor has 2 legged transformer rated at 25KVA the input voltage for the transformer is @ 575V and both lines that go into the single phase transformer are fused at 50A. Now the output of the transformer mentioned above is 120VAC and is going to a 120VAC distribution block that has three terminals fused @ 10A "for PLC/computer" and another 8 terminals fused @ 15A for torque gun controller boxes "Clecos/Cooper Guns". Based on my calculations for a single phase total load current "If I am correct, which I doubt I_load_Single_Phase=KVA/Volts=25000/575=43.5A, Based on that I went to the panel stuck my Amp probe around the big fat cable that comes to the 120VAC distribution block, and monitored the Max/Min and it was maxed to 65A at a point “Peak Amperage, Not RMS”.

Now the reason behind this entire dilemma is: We have 7 LCD screens that we would like to install on the floor to aid operators. The power ratings on them are @ 2Amps max. So before pulling wires I wanted to check if what we is capable of accommodating those LCDs without any additions!. So 7 LCDs I figured 15Amps will do me well. But I am confused with the amperage coming from the transformer because it does not making sense to me! I don't want to plug in those screens and start blowing fuses. I apologize for the lengthy post, any help would be appreciated. Thank you .

i'd say you'll have no problem adding the screens to that size transformer, looks like it was overrated and has plenty in hand.

KVA in = KVA out * (efficency)

50 amps x 575 volts = 28750
28750 / 120 = 239.6
239.6 * .85 (assumed)= 203.6

So...
You should have about 200 amps available at 120 volts. As a general practice I try to stay at 85% or less so that gives a usable amperage of 173 amps.

Based on your breaker loads, you are only using around 150 amps max, so adding the 14 amps for the LCD displays shouldn't be a problem, that would give you a maximum of 164-165.

The 25kva single phase transformer is good for 208 amps on each of the 120 volt legs. The primary is fused at 50 amps which is approx.
125% of the full load of the transformer. you should have plenty of power for your LCD's.

Powerpacked, as everyone has already mentioned, you will be fine adding the screens. What everyone didn't say (but hinted at) is that your calculation was correct - for the primary side of the transformer. You just needed to extend your calculation to the low (120 V) side. Since you know the kVA, you get

2500o kva / 575 V = 43.48 amps - Primary current
25000 kVA / 120 V = 208.33 amps - secondary current