AB Micro 1100and small panel view retrieving data

redwood1957

I have a few remote locations that are relay logic panels. I would like to monitor the panel with an AB micro 1100 and a small panel view. I would use the panel view for a few alarms on motor run times
Mostly I would want a person to drive to this station as they do now and download some information to a flash card or a USB flash drive. Bring the card back and have the secretary down load the data into an excel spread sheet so we can track what going on.
Am I wrong to think this is an option? Sorry guys no money for radio transmissions.

Thanks Mike

You'd have to be using the card on the panelview I'd say. And most likely it'd have to be a panelview plus.

Don't take my word as gospel though!

Storing simple data on a CF card or USB stick isn't something the PV+ does particularly well. You need the PV+CE version and the DataStore utility.

Note; after a few recent experiences with USB-borne trojan horses, I'm pretty glad the PV+ is so locked down.

The MicroLogix does have a fairly deep data logging feature that can be uploaded by a simple PC utility, but that does require that somebody carry a computer to the site and punch a few buttons. Not as convenient as a CF or USB device.

The MicroLogix does have a fairly deep data logging feature that can be uploaded by a simple PC utility, but that does require that somebody carry a computer to the site and punch a few buttons. Not as convenient as a CF or USB device.

As Ken Said the Micro does have rather nice data logging functions. I have used this before and for simple stuff (excell stuff not SQL server amounts) it does great. That being siad I would drop the PV altogether and use that money to by a PC you could leave at the remote site. Then you can send someone with a usb and retrieve the data. If you want to get real fancy you can set up the PC to auto run the download of the data log from the ML1100. This way if someone doesn't get there on a certain day you still have the data.

Another option is to use a Red Lion G3 series HMI which has data logging built in and is price comparable with the PV.

Either direction can be upgraded to wireless or cell modem at a later date.