Weintek HMI and Micrologix1400

harleymc100

Hi. Long time listener, first time caller.
Im after a bit of very basic information.

I have a communication set up through Rslinx (ethernet devices driver) from my pc to my micrologix 1400. (comm port 1 on PLC)

I also have a weintek MT8071ie HMI. How do i go about getting communication between my PLC and the HMI via (comm port 1 (DF1-232))???
(so i can see it on the ladder tree in logix?).

Sorry about the beginner question, i just need a place to get started, i think i need to set up comms through the hmi software (easy builder)??

Thanks again.

Hi,

If you check the 'PLC Connection Guide' (on the Website or in Easybuilder Pro software) and go to the 'Rockwell DF1' section - it will give comprehensive details of drivers/protocols and all HMI models and their respective communication port pin-outs. See attached.

I think i have a few projects we did using the Micrologix and the Weinteks if you need any more info?

Is there a reason you're not using the Ethernet/IP interface? Far easier than the serial route...

Rob

Rock_DF1#1.jpg Rock_DF1#2.jpg

You guys are the best!!! I appreciate the quick response to my question.

I will now link the HMI and PLC using Ethernet, but to communicate PC to PLC ill use serial? ( only because there is 1 Ethernet port on the PLC and the HMI)

Does this make sense? Or should i just use a hub and dump the serial like genius training suggests?

So it now goes PC>>>serial cable>>PLC/serial port(com 0) ______PLC/Ethernet port( com 1)>>Ethernet cable>>HMI

Screenshot.jpg

What is the right selection in the image?

Last edited: