Factorytalk SE alarms showing shelved/disabled

asc123

Hi, I'm using FTSE ver 9. I wanted to find a method to display alarms that have been shelved or disabled in the alarms summary object. This status is shown in the Alarm State column but shelved and disabled status is not available under filters. I was hoping to have large buttons that can trigger the alarms summary to show only disabled alarms, for instance. I don't see an option in VBA either. Has anyone found a way to do this?

I would rather not use the Status Explorer as it only displays alarm tags, not their messages, which is clunky for operators to use. I've seen somewhere that there are SQL Server Views somewhere automatically installed by FTSE, that there might be a way to use a VBA form to display disabled alarms by calling on a view. Not sure, has anyone tried to do this?

Thanks

filter criteria

I would like to. In an alarm summary object the "shelved" and "disabled" status shows up as part of a comma-separated list in the Alarm Status column. It will say something like "In Alarm, Unacknowledged, Shelved." But the allowable filter criteria for Alarm Status doesn't include shelved or disabled, and doesn't allow an "Includes" text string. So I'm kind of stuck.

On the display filters tab can you not. Add a filter > In event fields select "Condition Name" > add Criteria > Equals > Disabled > Ok.
I have yet to see a list of Condition Names but I know HIHI, HI, LOLO, LO, Trip, etc. are condition names. I guess you could make sure your alarm summary object columns is set to display condition name then create a test alarm and disable, enable, shelve, unshelve etc. the alarm and see what is displayed in the condition name column then use that as your filter.

Capture.PNG

Last edited: