Cleaning a PV+ touch screen, hazy and minor scratches

bright676

I have a PV+ 1250 touch screen that I would like to try get rid of some minor scratches and haze it has on it.

Has any one had any success cleaning a touch screen? I was thinking of trying automotive head light lens cleaner.

Any ideas? Thank you.

I've used contact film screen protectors for a few years to avoid exactly that sort of damage.

I agree that ordinary plastic polish will work. I like Starbrite Clear Plastic Restorer because I have a bottle on the boat; I cleaned and polished the eisenglass windows on the ****pit canvas before I put them away for the season and it worked great.

I would not.. From my experience, touch screens are fairly soft, if you start buffing, you are very likely to mess up the screen more than what you are seeing now.

Non-abrasive or ULTRA-FINE abrasive plastic polish.
I use Meguiar's #17 Clear Plastic Cleaner. This one is non-abrasive.
If that doesn't work, I'll step up to #10, which is a very mild abrasive.

Been able to salvage some pretty nasty ones with #10 but usually #17 works fine. We've had operators take green scotchbrite pads to clean touchscreens...sometimes #10 will salvage them.

I had somebody use a spray can of "graffiti remover" on a PanelMate years ago; the screen melted and came away like taffy.

Fortunately I had done a great job color-coding the functions, and on those old PanelMates the actual buttons were to the side, so they kept using it for years.

"Headlight restorer" is usually very abrasive, so stick with the finer stuff.

Last edited:
I had somebody use a spray can of "graffiti remover" on a PanelMate years ago; the screen melted and came away like taffy.

Fortunately I had done a great job color-coding the functions, and on those old PanelMates the actual buttons were to the side, so they kept using it for years.

"Headlight restorer" is usually very abrasive, so stick with the finer stuff.

That reminds me of the time I de-greased my Fluke with Solvent Flux Remover. The can looked just like the contact cleaner I thought I was using. It melted the buttons and the dial and stuck them to the case.

Try toothpaste I have used several times to cleanup meter displays worked good
I would recommend you try it in a corner first to see how it works.