TCP Socket and TIA plc

MAHER

Dear team,

I have created a server by using C# to make my PC a server to connect to PLC TIA 1500 by using [ TCON, SEND,TRCV ].

but i dont have a real PLC so i am using TIA-PLCSIM ( at the same PC)( both server and PLCsim in the same PC)

but i can not connect between them.

So do you have any ides about the reason?

Thanks in advance.

Maher

Last edited:
Try NetToPLCsim, I didn't test it with TIA but it worked for me with Simatic v.5.5, completely free

Nettoplcsim does only support S7 communication as server, this works also in TIA-Portal with 1500 controllers with enabled PUT/GET access and not-optimized DBs (symbolic access only with V12 and V13, V14 with limitations).
Any programmed communication blocks or configured connections won't work with Nettoplcsim, e.g. TCON, TSEND, TRCV, BSEND, BRCV, ...

You'll need PLCSIM Advanced for this.

Nettoplcsim does only support S7 communication as server, this works also in TIA-Portal with 1500 controllers with enabled PUT/GET access and not-optimized DBs (symbolic access only with V12 and V13, V14 with limitations).
Any programmed communication blocks or configured connections won't work with Nettoplcsim, e.g. TCON, TSEND, TRCV, BSEND, BRCV, ...

You'll need PLCSIM Advanced for this.

I am getting error when I select [ PLCSIM VIRTUAL ethernet adaptor ] as in the attached image.

Please i need the correct setting for using PLCSIM ADVANCED

thanks,
Maher

1) use "Siemens PLCSIM Virtual Ethernet Adapter" in PLCSIM Advanced Control Panel

2) Set the access point you are using that your C# application is using in Windows Control Panel -> Set PG/PC Interface (ex: S7ONLINE -> Siemens PLCSIM Virtual Ethernet Adapter.TCPIP.1