Wonderware Intouch -> Excel Comm

Giggi

Hey Guys,

I am new to this forum and hoping for your help.

For my master thesis I am developing a custom recipe organization software.

Therefore I have the function to save a recipe with all of its parameters into an excel file.

My problem is that I can't achieve to get the macro running from Intouch.

The macro itself is working fine in Excel, but it contains parameters. So if I send the Run command with WWExecute from Intouch it always says macro not available in Excel. The SMC says that "A transaction failed".

Even tried the WWPoke command and a DDE connection. Always having he same problems.

Please tell me a possible way to send parameters from Intouch to Excel and run a macro with it since WWExecute and WWPoke are not supported on x64 bit OS anymore.

I am using Wonderware Intouch 2014R2 and Win7 Pro 64-bit.

Thank you very much.

Thank for your time and answer.

I already save my data into a database and Intouch is using this data.

But I also have the requirement to store the data into an excel table for further use or documentation.

My macro is getting a filename and a recipename as parameters, after that it connects to the database and reads all the values from the recipe. It writes the values into a table and saves the active workbook under the given filename.

I'm not really sure of your application. If you have the link to the database already, why not store the information by date and time, or when variables change?
You can then always connect with excel to get the information.

Regards,