Zebra Ethernet/IP Printer and Studio 5000

SP004629A zpl file

Ok... The SP004629A firmware is mentioned in the "Network Connect for Automation Developer Guide (P1096306-001)
https://www.zebra.com/content/dam/z...r-automation-developer-guide-P1096306-001.pdf

The file cannot be Googled on the web and is not easily obtained.

Zebra Tech Support tried to say the file was created by Rockwell and Rockwell says it was created by Zebra. :confused: If you have this file, please send it to me. If I hear anything back from Zebra, I will update this post with a download link if possible. If you don't hear from me, I am unable to post the link.

Thanks,
Steve
[email protected]

Last edited:
OK folks...
For those interested 'widelto' sent me the developer's package, most of which can be found on the Zebra site. The kit can not. It's part number is CAG-P1096531 and may consist of everything. (Haven't been able to order yet since even distributors don't seem to know what it is.) It can take a few days to arrive and it comes with Z Points for downloading to the printer. Make sure you order enough for all your downloads. I have nine printers to setup so I am assuming I need 2700 points. PS. Please verify my facts but this may help you in general.

Last edited:
I just finished a project using a Zebra ZT230 communicating to a CompactLogix over Ethernet IP. You have to use a program called ZDownloader to flash the firmware and I needed to enter my license key to obtain 300 Z-points before it would let me do it. I also went through an extreme run around before they would give me the firmware and license key. Our printer vendor is working on getting us printers with the LinkOS firmware already installed.

this thread should be good
o.png

I am also facing issue with Zt410 printer. What zebra shown in user manual " How to Upload EDS file from Rslinx" same is not showing in Rs linx/ Studio5000.

can anyone help me out to solve issue ??

Anisingh:
You need to change ethernet port firmware on your printer from tcp/ip to Ethernet/IP, otherwise you won´t be able to connect it thru rslinx.

Somebody told me that new printers are being sent with EIP firmware included.

Anisingh,

Have you changed the printer's IP address first?
Be sure to set IP Protocol to “Permanent”.
and do “Reset Network” from the printer keypad.
Power cycle and then ping in command prompt to confirm.

Hope this helps.

I am trying to figure this out. I have the AOP but RSLinx does not detect the printer. Where do we get the EDS file for this? I have tried contacting both Zebra and Rockwell, and nobody seems to be able to help me. Does anyone know where to find the EDS file so that RSLinx can detect the printer?

I hate Zebra Printers... persnickety little beasts... the Weber applicator only made them more so.. Dealing with those where I worked it got to the point I was the only person who could fix them and get them working. Most of the time it was IT trickery i had to do to make them work. Sometimes that damn belt assembly in the bottom would come out of tension and adjusting that was a PAIN IN THE *************************. Removing and reinserting those damn ZE500's was a PITA as well... Then the custom labeling software my employer of the time used was a basket case..

{bragging mode on..}
Ended up having fairly good contacts with the people who could actually do something for me. most of the helpdesk guys knew to just take down what I told them and to send it to who I said to send it to. While production was underway and it went down I bypassed helpdesk, contacting my short list of people who can do the things I need to but can't because I don't have the authority in the system. They didn't mind because it was Hey, I need this, this, and that done to fix This. 9/10 I was right on the money. There was not a single other person in the plant who could do that, not even the other fellow PLC tech guy because of long IT experience on my side. When what i asked to have done didn't work.. at least I knew which group to have investigate and fix it. Even then I was usually able to help them fix it with what I could do from my side, seeing how it interacted with both networks and such.
{bragging mode off}

I am trying to figure this out. I have the AOP but RSLinx does not detect the printer. Where do we get the EDS file for this? I have tried contacting both Zebra and Rockwell, and nobody seems to be able to help me. Does anyone know where to find the EDS file so that RSLinx can detect the printer?

What is handling the application of the labels?

I am so tired of trying to find the firmware to make this damn thing talk over Ethernet/IP. I've called Zebra several times, and they are completely useless. They have either just given me Rockwell's number or told me I need to contact one of their distributors. They have no idea where I get the firmware that they list IN THEIR OWN MANUAL!!!

Rockwell has also been useless. This is special firmware that was created specifically to talk to Rockwell devices, yet they seem to have no knowledge of this firmware whatsoever.

If anyone can help me get "special firmware SP004629A" please let me know ASAP.

I am running out of time and none of the companies involved with this seem to know anything about it. I am at a loss for what my recourse might be...please help!

To recap, I have a Zebra ZD410 printer with Link_OS AOP. I can ping the printer and even print to it using Zebra software, however the PLC and RSLinx can NOT talk to the printer.