LogixPro simulator ideas

Holly

New to the forum and curious what others may have done to take the Traffic light simulation beyond what is in the student exercises. Such as how have you used the vehicle sensors?

LogixPro

Hi,

So I just downloaded the software for this and unfortunately I would need to buy a license. Really don't want to do that... So going off into space here I will use the I/O simulator to represent the traffic controls. The attached photo is a generic setup of what I would do with the sensors. Sorry if it may not work kind of hard to understand when I cant run the simulation on it. I would also break my program down into 3 Routines. 1: Main 2:Left Traffic 3: Right Traffic this gives the end user more of an idea where to find certain things when your program starts to get large. Also Start adding in the extras like the signs and stuff.

Pretty cool program =)

LogixPro1.jpg

Hi Holly welcome to the forum, l haven't used the vehicle sensor pads, but l imagine you would change the code so that the traffic stays going in 1 direction which is not limited by time. When a vehicle is sensed at the stop light, start a timer to then stop the traffic in the other direction.
How many accidents did you have getting the lights to work?

thanks for your input guys. I've completed the exercises with the 10 second delays and the crosswalk interrupts and such. From the searches i have done it looks like some people have used counters to count traffic. Just curious how far others had taken it.

Holly, have you looked in the downloads (on tool bar above, Downloads> Allen Bradley)
various ways of doing it. Anything done by Lance1 will be good to go as he was/is a legend on this forum, a 10,000 post man (retired when he reached that milestone) and was the tutor for coding on this site. Some others that have been uploaded need to be double checked as you may find errors when operating.