RSLogix No Activation Disk ?

Mickey

Lifetime Supporting Member
Saw this at Mr PLC, true?

thanks
will try it as soon as he gets it to load.
talked to him today and he said he just recieved it last week, and it does not come with a activation floppy anymore.
He has been out of the office, and he took the software with him to load, but was unable to install it, because it required that he be connected to the internet, and he is working in a area where he does not have access to the internet until he gets back in the office.

It appears that AB no longer is using a master floppy with the acitvation on it that you remove from the floppy to the hard drive.
It appears you have to install the software, then go online to get it activated.

I just called my local AB rep to get a quote to upgrade my version, and what I am wondering is, will you be able to still move the activation to a usb or floppy and install the software on your desktop and laptop and still be able to use the software on either pc, as long as you start up the software with the master activation floppy or usb with the activation code inserted.

I just purchased an upgrade for RS-5000 last week and it came with a master floppy. So if that's their new policy, I guess they're still clearing out inventory.

Last week we installed RSLogix 500 at a customer's site. No activation disk. It had to be activated through the internet.

I downloaded version 7.0 last week, it supports two ways of activation. The old way and the new way. Since I was upgrading from ver. 6.3, my old activation disk worked.

Here is a comment about the two ways of activation in the release notes.
RSLogix 500 supports both EVRSI and FactoryTalk Activation. The next release of RSLogix 500 will be the last release to support EVRSI. Refer to the document titled “Activate Your Rockwell Software Products” that came in the box with your software, and is also available during installation for information on FactoryTalk Activation.

Ken