Panelview 300 Comunication Problem

Luke2

Hey

I was working on my Panelview 300 testing and downloading, I finished my project and downloaded it to the Panelview. Then I plugged the Panelview into the Micrologix 500 then an error came up on the panelview saying "Panelview offline". Thinking I screwed up the download I tried to download again and now I cannot comunicate with the Panelview. Tired to comunicate with the plc thinking it was my cable and it succesfully configered and showed up on RSWho. Then tired to communicate with the Panelview and autoconfiged and it stop at CRC with 15600 Baud rate with the following message "Unable to verify settings due to packet timeout. Verify all cables and configurations". I don't understand what happen everything worked fine, I was communicating and downloading and programing the Panelview then all of a sudden it come up with this problem. I tired to redue the configuration of the Rslinx, it made know difference. I tired matching the configuration to the configurations on the Panelview, still no luck, I am at the end of my rope, can anyone please help me with this problem.

When I get that error on a PLC (I think it would be the same as the PV) RSLinx can see that its there but something is wrong in the configuration... so my point your cable is ok.

Try resetting the PV, not sure but on the smaller ones but on a larger PV when you power up there will be a small white box on the screen, push that box and you will get to the configuration screen of the PV and you can see if you have something screwed up.

Also double check you part... MicroLogix 500 ?? I think you were talking about 1000

Hope this helps...
Mark

PanelView 300 Micro

On the panelView 300 Micro if you press the left and right arrow keys at the same time you can access to configuration screens. The only time I see that fault message is when there is no communication between the panelview and the PLC. Make sure both are set to the same communication setup. Also are you talking about a Mirologix or a SLC500?

Good Luck

On the panelView 300 Micro if you press the left and right arrow keys at the same time you can access to configuration screens. The only time I see that fault message is when there is no communication between the panelview and the PLC. Make sure both are set to the same communication setup. Also are you talking about a Mirologix or a SLC500?

Good Luck

Thanks a lot sir, i was wondering about it since last night