FactoryTalk View Studio SE send value to a plc

Hey guys,

so at the moment my view looks something like this:
c9ba2048238b4037818e1f5ce53e0fe4.png

basically the New is an input, after you press send it would send whatever was in that New field to a tag, and then the Current would update with whatever new value that was sent.

I can do this with VBA, but i was wondering if there is a way to do it without any VBA code.

I tried doing a on release action on the set button and it would send whatever value to the tag, however I'm not sure how I would go about assigning the value to that input. &[PLC]Kilometers = ??? what would go here?

any thoughts?
thanks!

Dang it.

Sadly that's how I need it to be, for the button to set only that value that is needed.

I guess there is no other way than VBA, or making "input" tags for every single thing that I need to set.

Well I could not get the Position command to work. My thinking was to have the button move focus back to that input field and then issue the download command.

But, I could get the PrevPosition command to work. So my input was tagged as Index 1 and my button was Index 2. I had the release action as: PrevPosition; Download

That worked. So you would have to watch the index settings for each input and Send button, but it would work.

OG

edit: Very weird. The Position command just will not take me to the Input field. It will take me to another object though. So PrevPosition would have to be used. It works great.

Last edited:
I used the Position object instead and pointed it to whatever index i wanted, and it works great just like you said, thanks for that.

The only thing I need to figure out now is how to disable the ability to pressing the Enter button and the input would be submitted. The only way a user can submit the new value has to be through that send button.

There doesn't seem to be anything that would enable me from disabling it, sadly.

Thanks a lot though so far.